My name is Mushfiq Mahmud. I studied the theory and practices of engineering while completing my Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering at the Univeristy of South Florida in Tampa, Florida.Download PDF
Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Spring 2017
Graduated from the Honors College
- System on Chip - IIPS Infrastructure IP for Secure SoC Design
- Communication Systems - BPCS Steganography
- Electromagnetics - How Electric Guitar Pickups Work
- Honors Geo Perspectives - Tiananmen Square Massacre and Modern China: Slides and Paper.
- Courses completed:
- Embedded Systems
- System on a Chip
- Microprocessor Architecture
- Signal Analysis
- Communication Systems
For detailed information check out the projects page.
Senior Design: RoboPainter Team Leader (Held 3rd Place out of 8 teams)
- Automated microcontroller interior wall painting robot prototype – in charge of programming & 3D printing & CAD design.
- Made use of C/C++, interrupts & timing programming, DC motor control circuits, solenoid spray valves, power supply design
- Successfully completed prototype with testing and design requirements met.
Stove Safety Monitor System
- Designed Timing circuit controlled by laser & temperature sensors built using discrete logic.
- Made use of assembly code, Embedded C++, ADC, interrupts, USB, I2C Master & Slave communication & LCD output.
Digital Chord Chart
- 3D printed remote controlled guitar fretboard model that can teach guitar chords & scales using LED matrix & LCD Panel.
- Made use of IR remote and receiver, LED Matrix pattern generation & interrupt service routines for sound generation.
Honors Engineering Thesis: Engineering Sustainability for On-Campus Food Waste
- Team of 4 designed mobile application to record survey data for dining halls to improve communication & reduce food waste.
- Used MongoDB (JSON based) for database management, Angular & Ionic for web app development.
- Learned web development for the purpose of self promotion.
Guitar Sound Effects Pedal
- Guitar overdrive + distortion music footswitch that alters the sound of a real guitar using DSP techniques.
Atari Punk Console + Decade Sequencer
- Monostable 555 coupled with adjustable 10 step sequencer for producing music.
Tampa, FL | August 2016 to June 2017
- Tutor for EE: Circuits, Semiconductor Devices, Electronics.
Tampa, FL | August 2015 to June 2017
- Tutor for Calculus (I-III) & Physics (I, II).
- Helped in improving the grades of over 500 students. Received very good rating overall.
- CRLA Tutor Training Certification Level 1 & 2 including collaboration with professors & tutors on learning strategies.
IEEE-Computer Society USF Chapter
March 2016 to November 2016
- Held position of Historian & Media Outreach Officer maintaining online presence & team collaboration.
American Water Works Association USF Chapter
January 2016 to May 2016
- Held position of Treasurer & helped with Event management & Budget Handling.
And when I'm not working, I like to...
- Play Guitar.
- Learn things on YouTube.
- Learn Design/Theme my Android.